KIDS are. . The future of the church being formed in the present. The apple of God's eye . . . and ours!
SO WHAT ARE WE DOING ABOUT IT?
Kids are at the very heart of our concerns and concentrated efforts here at First Baptist Church. Our children's ministries are dedicated to helping kids achieve spiritual maturity by challenging them and their families to continual growth in the knowledge of their faith. What's more is that we want to help those same kids translate that knowledge into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ Himself!
HOW ARE WE TRYING TO DO IT?
THROUGH . . .
We want our kids to have a solid understanding of what the Bible says, how it shows us that we can come to God through Jesus, and why we believe what we believe.
Kids need more than someone telling them what to believe - they need someone showing them that what they are saying has changed their own life. The people who work with our kids here at FBC are doing more than just 'Babysitting" - they are giving of themselves out of their love for the Lord and for the kids.
PRACTICAL CHRISTIAN WORK
Kids don't want to just sit on the sidelines and let someone else do everything for them. They want to be involved, to be on the move, to get their hands "dirty". We try to give them personal opportunities to "live out" their faith in light of the example set by their leaders and families.
- Who - Children Birth - 5th grade
- When - Sunday mornings, 9:30 - 10:40 a.m.
- What - Biblical instruction done in an interactive way that helps kids know: Who God is, what His word says, and what that means to me.
BIBLE BUDDIES & BIBLE DRILL
- Who - Grades 1-5
- When - Wednesday evenings 6:00 - 7:00 p.m.
- What - The Bible is God's revelation of Himself to us. What better tool can you have than to develop the skills to search out His Word and know Who He is. That's what Bible Drill and Buddies helps us do.
KOGS (Kids On God's Side) & TeamKID
- Who - TeamKID, 3yrs. - K; KOGS, Grades 1-5
- When - Sunday evenings 6:00 - 7:30 p.m.
- What - Exciting discipleship programs for kids which encourages their spiritual growth through:
- Innovative recreation & team competition
- Active & thoughtful praise & worship
- Challenging group studies
- Unique mentoring that occurs with competent leaders in small groups
- Who - Children 3 yrs. - 5th grade
- When - Wednesdays 6:00 - 7:00 p.m.
- What -